The Perfect Avenue Leading to the World of Jazz Piano Education!
THIS BOOK IS FOR YOU IF:
- You want to get into jazz for the first time.
- You want to play music by ear. - You want to learn how to improvise.
- You just want to have fun playing jazz tunes!
- You want to learn skills that will help you become a jazz pianist.
Sample 1 | Sample 2 | Sample 3 | Video
Until now, jazz literature has primarily been accessible only to advanced players, leaving emerging pianists with a gap in their education. That's Jazz fills this gap with a collection of compelling and accessible tunes, covering the main jazz styles of swing, Latin, and rock.
Sample 1 | Sample 2 | Sample 3
Each book is organized in a clear and consistent format including several unique components:
- Warm Up pages focus on key concepts and technical aspects of each tune.
- Going Further pages build improvisation skills and encourage creative exploration.
- Optional duet parts enhance practice and performance.
Sample 1 | Sample 2
Bradley Sowash writes, “Eye players read music. Ear players improvise. Both skills are essential or playing today’s music. Creative Chords balances the eye and ear so you can enjoy a lifetime of creative music-making in a variety of keyboard styles.” Students who have mastered late elementary-level keyboard skills and who know basic music theory concepts are ready to use this series. Teachers, even those with a limited background in improvisation, will find this series approachable and fun. The Kjos Interactive Practice Studio (IPS) technology provides access to orchestrated accompaniments, select video lessons with Sowash, and more!
JP50 ► Sample 1 | Sample 2
JP50 ► Sample 1 | Sample 2 | Sample 3